Sciontec: Liverpool Science Park is owned by Liverpool City Council, Liverpool John Moores University and the University of Liverpool.
It is located in the Mount Pleasant area of Liverpool city centre, in the heart of the Knowledge Quarter, and adjacent to the Metropolitan Cathedral. Liverpool Science Park is just ten minutes’ walk from Liverpool Lime Street railway station and the city centre, and is located at the hub of the metropolitan Hope Street area which is home to a mixture of restaurants, hotels and bars as well as Liverpool Philharmonic Hall and Liverpool Anglican Cathedral. The thriving area is the focus of investment programmes worth £1 billion and has been designated as one of five Mayoral Development zones. Liverpool John Moores University, the University of Liverpool, the Royal Liverpool University Hospital and Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine are also situated in this location.
Liverpool Science Park comprises two buildings, Innovation Centre 1 (ic1) and Innovation Centre 2 (ic2) offering 120,000 sq ft of high-specification grade A accommodation and laboratory space. The brand new wing of Innovation Centre 1 opened in early March 2014 and comprises 40,000 sq ft of commercial laboratory and office space. The state of the art building further supports Liverpool’s growing demand for purpose-built office and commercial laboratory space to accommodate the city region’s knowledge-based businesses.
Liverpool Science Park is home to more than 75 businesses from a variety of knowledge intensive sectors including Biotechnology, Biomedical and Healthcare, Research & Development, Information Computer Technology, Life Sciences, Professional Services and Creative and Digital. Over 400 people are employed on site.
Active links between Liverpool Science Park companies and its two university owners are progressively deepening which make it a logical home for the very best of the universities’ entrepreneurial talent and spin out companies. These strong links are reinforced through both university Vice Chancellor’s – Sir Howard Newby of the University of Liverpool and Prof Nigel Weatherill of Liverpool John Moores University – having a position on the board.
Liverpool Science Park operates within a unique commercial structure offering tenants six different office solutions allowing for flexibility and the opportunity to grow with ease.
All suites include:
- High-speed broadband
- Telephone handsets
- Air conditioning
- Wireless IT connectivity
- 24 hour access 365 days a year
- Staffed reception 8.45am – 5.30pm
- 9 free meeting rooms across the two buildings
- 24 hour manned security outside of reception hours and CCTV
- Cleaning 5 days a week
- Access to coffee pod in reception
- Access to a break room- an informal area for tenants to use at any time
The kitchens, which are located on each floor in both buildings, are fully equipped with a dishwasher, fridge, microwave and tea, coffee, milk and sugar are also provided as standard.
Types of Offices
- Office Space – Furnished and unfurnished office suites range in size from as small as 150 sq ft up to floor plates of 10,000 sq ft.
- Starter Pods – 15 discrete, furnished starter pod offices, which range in size from 55 sq ft to 253 sq ft and can accommodate between 1-6 staff. These starter pods are arranged in two centres, which feed off a central core to allow companies both privacy and the ability to interact with other tenants.
- Graduate Enterprise offer – A professional and secure environment for new and recent graduates to build and develop a business.
- Biomedical Cluster – A dedicated eight desk Biomedical Cluster office in conjunction with SPARK Impact, the biomedical fund manager based at the park. Each tenant has its own specific desk within an open plan office and benefits from a shared, fully fitted out boardroom and from shared printer services, in addition to the standard LSP offer.
- Laboratories – The new wing of Innovation Centre 1 offers flexible space for around eleven laboratory units at 900 sq ft each consisting of labs and write up space.
- Virtual Office Space – Virtual office solution is the answer for those businesses that do not necessarily want a physical office space but, like all growing companies, need to stay connected. It gives tenants a city centre address, mail and fax handling, company profile featured on LSP website, free use of meeting rooms and more.
In line with Liverpool Science Park (LSP)’s ongoing commitment to reinvest into their buildings under new owners Sciontec Liverpool, a major capital works project is underway which will significantly improve the main access point into the innovation centre. ...
Knowledge Quarter Liverpool (KQ Liverpool) has launched KQ Reward, a community referral scheme providing tiered rewards for successful introductions of new customers to KQ Liverpool. Already home to over 100 dynamic technology, science and digital focused businesses,...
The initiative will include a bespoke package of financial and business support for inbound businesses A new soft-landing programme, known as KQ Base, has been launched today with the aim of de-risking inward investment for those companies looking to expand their...
The fundraising challenge will take place over the next 50 days in the lead up to Christmas As we enter another national lockdown, Liverpool Science Park will once again remain open 24/7 for the essential health and tech work that goes on in its buildings, whilst the...
Liverpool Science Park (LSP) has remained open throughout the coronavirus pandemic, supporting its customers undertaking key COVID-19 related work. Home to a diverse mix of science, technology and knowledge intensive businesses, LSP has provided continuous access to...
Interested in joining UKSPA?
Gain exclusive access to members only resources, research papers, statistics and data – as well as discounted or even free entry to the conferences and events we hold through the year.