UKSPA Spring Conference 2023The University of Southampton Science Park - Thursday 16th & Friday 17th March 2023
UKSPA members and stakeholders gathered for the Spring Conference at The University of Southampton Science Park on Thursday 16th & Friday 17th March 2023. Following on from the last UKSPA Conference at Circle Square, Manchester in December, over the two days leading speakers from the UKSPA network considered and debated current national and regional trends.
The final Conference Programme is available for download HERE.
Presentations can be downloaded using the appropriate links below:
Plenary 1: A Science Park Journey:
- Robin Chave, CEO, University of Southampton Science Park. University of Southampton Science Park: A Journey Through Time
- Adam Kingdon, CEO and Founder, Utonomy. Why USSP is an Exciting Place for a High-Growth Technology Start-Up
- Robin Chave, CEO, University of Southampton Science Park. University of Southampton Science Park: Where Next?
Plenary 2: Innovation-led Towns and Cities:
- Sue Littlemore, Joint Managing Director, Enterprise M3. Making our Towns and Cities Happier, Healthier and Prosperous Places
- Professor Clint Styles, Associate Dean Enterprise, University of Southampton. The Future Towns Innovation Hub: A Vision of Collaboration & Co-creation with Business & Industry
Plenary 3: Sustainability Solutions:
- Dr Phil Wu, CEO, Absolar Solutions. Unlocking the Solar Potential with AI: A Game-Changing Approach
- Peter Bridge, Head of Scientific Sales, Veolia Water Technologies UK. Laboratory Water Resourcing: Best Practice
Plenary 6: Innovation in Lower-density Locations
- Claire Wolstencroft, Agri-Tech Business Development Manager, Rothamstead Enterprises. Greater Than the Sum of Our Parts: Creating Opportunities for Research and Innovation
- Mark Watham, Strategic Lead, Economic Development & Growth, Somerset West & Taunton Council. Perspective: A Rural Market Town
- Jordan Sharman, ERDF Project Manager, Broadland Food Innovation Centre. Food for Thought: East of England
Final Plenary: Closing Keynote Speakers
- Professor Mark Spearing, Vice President, Research and Enterprise, The University of Southampton. The University Science Park: A Key Nexus of Regions, Innovation and Universities