The Queen Mary BioEnterprises Innovation Centre (QMB) based in London E1 is a modern early and late stage incubator for science and technology companies.
QMB is a wholly owned company of Queen Mary Innovation, the technology transfer company of Queen Mary University of London. QMB was developed to promote London as a world-class bioscience cluster – and to attract and retain the best scientific talent and intellectual property driven science firms in the capital.
The Centre is a 52,000 square feet capacity building and is centrally located inside London, on the research campus of Bart‘s and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry at Whitechapel.
Accommodation is available in lab. suite sizes vary from 600 square feet upwards, with competitively priced leases relative to other London-based offerings.
Why the QMB Innovation Centre?
The QMB Innovation Centre offers reconfigurable laboratory and write-up space and flexible leases. The flexibility of the centre’s floor plan means space can be easily reconfigured to meet a tenant’s needs. The commercial labs are designed to house both microbiological safety cabinets and fume cupboards allowing both biology and chemistry work.
All services are kept within the ceiling void, allowing for expansion into adjacent space if a further unit is required, subject to availability.
Highlights of the QMB Innovation Centre include:
- Cat 2 Laboratory suites with flexible laboratory & write-up space
- Laboratories designed to house both non-ducted microbiological safety cabinets and ducted chemistry fume cupboards
- Laboratories with segregated non-recirculating air regimes with 8 changes per hour and a comprehensive BMS system to control the internal environment.
- Access to meeting rooms of variable sizes at a discounted rate for tenants
- Facilities room (glass washer, large autoclaves, ice machine, washing machine & RO purified water)
- Emergency generator for critical equipment e.g. -80 freezers
- Access to the 120 seat Clarke Kennedy lecture theatre situated on the lower ground floor
- Access to networking events hosted at the centre
- Access to Queen Mary University of London facilities and expertise, subject to availability
- 24/7 electronic card access – with CCTV linked into the University’s Security System
- 65 cycle spaces and shower facilities
- Great transport links via London underground, DLR and Crossrail
- 30 minutes from London City Airport connecting you to Europe
Physical Tenants include:
Spirogen – member of the AstraZeneca Group
Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) is pleased to announce the official opening of Queen Mary Enterprise (QME), a new innovation space in the heart of Whitechapel in east London. Designed by international architects NBBJ, the same team behind the Queen Mary...
Interested in joining UKSPA?
Gain exclusive access to members only resources, research papers, statistics and data – as well as discounted or even free entry to the conferences and events we hold through the year.