Congratulations to Willmott Dixon on being awarded Britain’s most prestigious title for a third time, winning a 2019 Queen’s Award for Enterprise for Sustainable Development.
It’s the second time the company has won this accolade for Sustainable Development, the first being in 2014, and comes a year after it picked up a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the category of Promoting Opportunity through social mobility for its work improving opportunities for people in local communities.
The latest award recognises a series of sustainable achievements that include;
· Reducing carbon emissions relative to turnover by 59 per cent since 2010
· Cutting construction waste intensity by 57% since 2012
· 100% natural renewable electricity purchased to supply our sites and offices by end 2018
· Carbon neutral for the 6th year running
· Increasing by 50% (to nearly £35k) the amount paid in green bonuses to employees choosing low emissions cars
· Achieved Level 2 of The Carbon Trust’s Supply Chain Standard – only company in sector to achieve this
· Only contractor to hold The Carbon Trust Standard
Submitted on 03/06/2019