Discovery Park – and some of the businesses driving its success – will use one of the UK’s leading science events to showcase why it remains the perfect location for science companies looking to grow and collaborate. It will be attending Genesis 2018 with several of its life sciences tenants, showcasing their activities and discussing its plans for the future development of the Park.
Discovery Park is a thriving part of South East England’s life science community with high quality laboratory, office and manufacturing space, access to local finance and a strong scientific talent pool. A multi-business site since 2012, Discovery Park was formerly the European R&D headquarters of Pfizer and benefits from that scientific heritage. Pfizer retains a strong and growing presence on the Park.
A4P Bio, Canterbury Christ Church University’s School of Life Sciences, Centauri Therapeutics, Concept Life Sciences, EligoChem Ltd, Jaytee Bioscience Ltd, Project Fusion, Scitegrity, TRN, Venomtech and Wren Healthcare will join Discovery Park and Kent’s inward investment agency Locate In Kent at the conference. This event takes place at the QEII Centre in Westminster, London on Thursday, 13 December. Delegates will be able to find the Discovery Park village at Stands 15 and 16.
Mayer Schreiber, CEO of Discovery Park, said: “Discovery Park is a thriving part of the South East’s life science community, driven in no small part by the success of our tenants. I’m delighted that we’ll be able to share the stage at Genesis with many of those companies. With high quality space available now and ambitious plans for expansion of the Park, we look forward to welcoming more innovative companies as tenants over 2019.”
For more information on the space available in Discovery Park’s iconic Building 500, visit: http://discovery-park.co.uk/
ABOUT DISCOVERY PARK (WWW.DISCOVERY-PARK.CO.UK)
Discovery Park has grown to be a thriving part of the South East’s life science community in its six years as a multi-business science campus. The site offers high quality laboratory, office and manufacturing facilities, the space and support to expand, access to local finance, and a strong local scientific talent pool.
The growing tenant community includes Pfizer, which built the site’s reputation as a centre for drug discovery and discovered some of the most famous drugs in the world here. Other tenants include Agalimmune, Algaecytes, Centauri Therapeutics, Genea Biomedx and Salvensis. Discovery Park is home to 160 companies employing 3,500 employees in total. With easy connections to London, Europe and the world Discovery Park is a great place to build and grow your biotech, medtech or pharma business.
DISCOVERY PARK VILLAGE AT GENESIS
The following Discovery Park tenants will be part of the Discovery Park Village at Genesis 2018 alongside Discovery Park and Locate In Kent.
– A4P Bio – A4P provides project management solutions for life science organisations for Bioanalysis of Biomarkers and Pharmacokinetics, the engagement and oversight of contract research and specialist logistic providers and consultancy services from sample to submission. Coming up in 2019 – A4P will be looking to continue its expansion with more Biomic Project Mangers and additional logistic managers due to our continued growth in the bioscience and lifescience industries due to our experience in Europe and the USA http://www.a4pbio.com/
– Canterbury Christ Church University, School of Human and Life Sciences – The Life Sciences Industry Liaison Lab at Discovery Park allows students and staff to link up with companies working at the cutting edge of research, helping them to find solutions that lead to new treatments and ground breaking discoveries. https://www.canterbury.ac.uk/social-and-applied-sciences/human-and-life-sciences/research/industry-liaison-lab/industry-liaison-lab.aspx
– Centauri Therapeutics – This company is a UK based biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of novel molecules targeting life threatening diseases. http://www.centauritherapeutics.com/
– Concept Life Sciences – Concept Life Sciences has over 300 years of cumulative medchem experience, with particular expertise and success in: Oncology, Anti-infectives, CNS, Respiratory, Metabolic and Cardivascular. www.conceptlifesciences.com/
– EligoChem Ltd – EligoChem Ltd focus on the design and synthesis of amphiphilic polar compounds possessing atypically good absorption and low attrition risks that are particularly suited to antibiotic research. Areas of focus for 2019: Characterisation of novel small molecule antibiotic leads; Antimicrobial Peptide candidate selection. https://eligochem.com/
– Jaytee Biosciences Ltd – Jaytee Biosciences Ltd are established as one of the UK’s leading Independent Service Providers for U/HPLC, GC, molecular spectroscopy and MS. https://www.jaytee.com/
– Project Fusion – Project Fusion have a range of products including a customisable data room solution which allows customers to store documents, share and collaborate with maximum security on their own dedicated cloud. Website. https://www.projectfusion.com/
– Scitegrity – Scitegrity Limited is focused on allowing the Pharmaceutical and Chemicals industry to monitor and remain compliant to chemical related legislation from around the world. Coming up in 2019 – The company will shortly be releasing version 4 of its industry leading “Controlled Substances Squared” compliance system. http://www.scitegrity.co.uk/
– TRN – The Research Network Ltd (TRN) was founded in 2011 and provides pharmaceutical R&D scientific consultancy, project management, outsourcing, training and due diligence services. Areas of focus for 2019 – Developing a platform to accelerate UK life sciences collaboration; Spinning out fifth and sixth new therapeutic ventures. http://trn.net/
– Wren Healthcare – Founded by experienced clinical nurses, this company provides nursing and educational support across a broad spectrum of therapy areas. https://wrenhealthcare.co.uk/
– Venomtech – Venomtech uses the properties of venom to find and support research into new drug leads. https://venomtech.co.uk/industries/
Submitted on 11/12/2018