Nottingham Science Park (NSP), situated on a site of some 27 acres, is a long-established science park specialising in research and technology, providing a diverse range of accommodation from good quality office/workspace to award-winning Grade A offices set within a landscaped campus style environment. Located on the A6005 University Boulevard adjacent to Nottingham Tennis Centre and directly opposite the University of Nottingham campus, the site benefits from excellent transport links, being situated about five miles from Junction 25 of the M1 and two miles from Nottingham City Centre, with a NET Tram stop directly opposite the NSP entrance.
Nottingham Science Park presents a chance to think outside the traditional business park box. Not only a multi award-winning, green building, but an opportunity for pioneering, socially responsible, like-minded businesses to share and promote their products, research or technologies and contribute to future innovation.
Outside No.1, a giant Lilypad Boardwalk traverses the Science Park and provides a pedestrian link to the Nottingham University campus, as well as a beautiful environment in which to stroll, refresh and relax.
The Lilypad Boardwalk is suspended over a wetland habitat that extends the ecology of the neighbouring nature reserve whilst also providing a sustainable urban drainage system. Visionary landscaping, camouflaged undercroft car parking and acres of public access parkland ensure that the outdoor space is devoted to people, pleasure and biodiversity.
Easy to reach from all destinations, No.1 Nottingham Science Park is immediately adjacent to The University of Nottingham, 2 miles west of Nottingham City Centre (and mainline railway station), on a main bus route and just 5 miles from M1 J25. The Nottingham tram system will connect the site to the City Centre, as part of the next phase of tram development.
The Park is convenient for a host of local amenities, from shops to sandwich bars, in addition to the many on-site and nearby University facilities, which include galleries, cafes and restaurants.
- Award-winning design
- Flexible business accommodation from 1,500 to 42,000 square feet
- Flexible fit out – from grade A office to bespoke solutions from Shell & Core to full lab specDdouble height atrium/lobby
- Meeting/seminar rooms and break out areas
- Secure undercroft car parking.
- Ultra high speed fibre optic broadband available
- Oakland 13 person passenger lift
- Heating: biomass boiler (gas fired back-up)
- Cooling: mixed mode (adiabatic mechanical cooling/natural ventilation)
- Floor to ceiling height 2,600 mm-2,850 mm
- Lighting: motion-activated intelligent lighting.
- Dedicated concierge/manager
- CCTV and out of hours security
- Serviced meeting rooms and breakout spaces
- WiFi to lobby and break-out areas
- Server/comms room for individual connections
- Shower rooms
- Dedicated park management.
- Landscaped public realm parkland with lilypad boardwalk
- Tennis centre with gym facilities
- Nottingham University restaurants/cafes on adjacent site
- A range of sandwich bars within walking distance
- Regular bus service along University Boulevard
- University amenities and networks
- Planned NET Phase II tram line and dedicated stop.
Design & Build Opportunities
With a focus on design integrity, energy efficiency and ecology, Nottingham Science Park is a location for forward-thinking organisations. Blueprint has 5 acres of fully serviced development land with outline planning consent for up to 180,000 sq ft ‘oven ready’ for bespoke buildings from 20,000 sq ft.
- Enterprise Zone status offers business rates savings
- A full development management service available
- Excellent access by both road and public transport
- Sustainable urban drainage system
- Adjacent Nottingham University
Find out more
A ground breaking ceremony at Nottingham Science Park took place on Wednesday 20 March to mark the beginning of construction of Nottingham Science Park Building No.2. The striking new building will provide 22,700 sq. ft. of Grade A office space for businesses looking...
Construction is progressing at Nottingham Science Park and two pre-lets are already agreed for the new Grade A office building which is due to open in February 2020. The striking new building will be named after Elizabeth Garrett Anderson, Britain’s first female...
Record return from research spin-outs sees University of Nottingham reinvest in its discovery mission
Image: Andrew Naylor, NTV and Prof Dame Jessica Corner, University of Nottingham NOTTINGHAM businesses which began life as research projects earned a return of more than £11 million for the University of Nottingham last year. The scale of the return has been revealed...
Upperton Pharma Solutions’ new spray drying pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities at Nottingham Science and Technology Park have successfully passed inspection by the UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA). A pharmaceutical spray drying...
Interested in joining UKSPA?
Gain exclusive access to members only resources, research papers, statistics and data – as well as discounted or even free entry to the conferences and events we hold through the year.