Baltic Quarter, Gateshead is home to a diverse range of tech driven entrepreneurs and established companies operating as advocates for open and disruptive innovation. Working across all sectors, our companies are focused on taking industry challenges and transforming them into innovative and impactful solutions, giving their clients a competitive advantage in their marketplace.
A thriving urban cluster of high Technology companies and their supporting cast of universities, colleges, financiers, professional services and support organisations, Baltic Quarter is the ‘go to’ place for demand led tech solutions.
Batic Quarter is a well established innovation ecosystem that enables collaboration, knowledge-sharing and commercialization of ideas between our tenants, partners, public sector and academia.
In the heart of iconic Gateshead Quays, its urban setting provides a great location to do business as local companies sit alongside world leaders like Oculus, Warner Music, Atomhawk and Fueled.
Gateshead is a great place to recruit the skilled workforce your business needs to flourish as it boasts 30% more technology employees than the national average and forecasters predict a 47% tech sector growth over the next five years.
Baltic Quarter is part of a 40 acre site with plots available for development. The park currently offers over 100,000 sq ft of studio space across three modern buildings, all of which offer flexible terms to support young and growing businesses.
Northern Design Centre is a hub for design led innovation with knowledge driven companies working in fields such as architecture, software development, video games, digital and web technology, design and film production.
The Emerging Technology Centre ‘PROTO’ will launch in 2018 and as a recognised Digital Catapult will play a key role in driving forward the UK economy through the practical application of digital innovation and culture. Its specialist R&D facility will showcase the latest emerging technologies focussing initially on accelerating industry adoption of immersive technology.
Baltimore House provides studios for digital, technology and high growth businesses especially those seeking to commercialise the development of new technologies. Also home to some of key business support organisations.
Located on the Park is INNOVATE, Northumbria Universities design-led innovation campus from where academic experts in design, technology, and business management work with industry to create, capture and deliver commercial value. Industry partners include Unilever, Northumbrian Water, Soil Machine Dynamics (SMD) and Berghaus.
Through the Park’s dedicated and experienced onsite support team, including an experienced Innovation Manager, you can be assured your business will receive the support and assistance it requires. Our onsite business support partners are also ready to help.
Design Network North offers support, advice and business opportunities to its members as together they seek to raise the importance of design in business.
VRTGO Laboratories is a collaborative Virtual Reality research and co-location facility aimed at raising the awareness and capability of a growing group of world-class Immersive tech companies.
The Entrepreneurs’ Forum helps a 300 strong group of owner – managers develop, create new opportunities and grow their business by sharing ideas, knowledge, connections, inspiration and opportunities.
Gateshead College work closely with local employers to deliver high quality training and building talented workforces to meet the business skills challenges of the future.
Annual investment in specialist emerging technologies
State of the Art R&D facilities with onsite technician
Bespoke product design facilities
Gateshead is a vibrant, cost-effective location for investment and has seen a huge economic restructure over the last three decades. From reliance on heavy industry, Gateshead now has a diversified economy including high tech manufacturing and knowledge intensive services.
Baltic Quarter is less than one mile from central Newcastle, four miles from the 700 businesses on Team Valley Trading Estate and seven miles from the planned International Advanced Manufacturing Park based around Sunderland Nissan.
- · Able 2 Fly www.able2fly.com
- · Absolute Agency www.absolute-agency.co.uk
- · Ace Mold UK www.acemold.com/en
- · Archer IP www.archer-ip.co.uk
- Arcus www.arcusstudios.co.uk
- Atomhawk www.atomhawk.com
- · Blue Kangaroo www.bluekangaroodesign.co.uk
- Carbon Labs www.carbonlabs.co.uk
- · Chronicles VR www.chronicles-vr.co.uk
- · Climb Creative www.climbcreative.co.uk
- · Daykin and Storey www.daykinandstorey.co.uk
- · Design Network North www.designnetworknorth.org
- · Digital Catapult www.digital.catapult.org.uk
- · Entrepreneurs Forum www.entrepreneursforum.net
- Fueled www.fueled.com/uk
- · Gateshead College www.gateshead.ac.uk
- · Gateshead Council www.gateshead.gov.uk
- · Geomatic Solutions www.geomaticsolutions.com
- · Hammerhead www.hammerheadvr.com
- · Infotech www.infotech247.com
- · Kuro Dragon www.kurodragon.com
- · Maadigital www.maadigital.co.uk
- · McDaniel & Co www.mcdanielslaw.com
- · Media Partnership www.mediapartnership.co.uk
- NDC Marketing www.ndcmarketing.co.uk
- · North East Access to Finance www.nea2f.co.uk
- · Northern Clothing and Textile Network www.northernclothing.org.uk
- · Northern Gas and Power www.ngpltd.co.uk
- · Northern Powerhouse www.northernpowerhouse.gov.uk
- · Northumbria University www.northumbria.ac.uk
- · Oculus www.oculus.com
- · Ococomedia www.ococomedia.co.uk
- · On Trac/Nutshell www.on-trac.co.uk
- · Opia www.opia-sp.com
- Peacock Carter www.peacockcarter.com
- · Playlist.net www.playlists.net
- · Pocket money Games www.pocketmoneygamesltd.co.uk
- · r//evolution www.r-evolution.co.uk
- · Realsafe Technologies www.realsafetechnologies.com
- Recite me/Arch www.reciteme.com
- · Reminiscience www.reminiscience.co.uk
- · Secret Sauce www.secret-sauce.co.uk
- · Shield Therapeutics www.shieldtherapeutics.com
- · Tandem www.tandem-projects.com
- · The Indie Stone www.theindiestone.com
- Ultimate Group www.ultimategroup.uk.com
- VRTGO Labs www.vrtgolabs.com
- · Wolf and Wood www.wolfandwood.co.uk
- · Your Film www.your-film.com
DEVELOPMENT It’s been six years in the making, but plans for the Baltic Green to be used as a creative green space are finally materialising. Baltic Triangle director, Tristan Brady-Jacobs, has been campaigning for the area bordered by Kitchen Street, Jamaica...
Interested in joining UKSPA?
Gain exclusive access to members only resources, research papers, statistics and data – as well as discounted or even free entry to the conferences and events we hold through the year.