BEIS has confirmed the following consortia will be undertaking their SIA in the third wave.
The twelve consortia that will be part of the 3rd wave of SIAs are:
• Cyber Resilience Alliance (led by Worcestershire LEP with support from The Marches, Gloucestershire and Swindon and Wiltshire LEPs)
• Maximising the Marine Economy of the Highlands & Islands (Led by Highlands and Islands Enterprise)
• North West Nuclear Arc Consortium (led by Bangor University with support from Welsh Government and North West England LEPs)
• North West Coastal Arc Eco-Innovation Partnership (led by Lancaster University with support from North West England LEPs and the Welsh Government)
• Northern Powerhouse Chemicals & Processing Science (led by Tees Valley Combined Authority with support from North East, Humberside, and Liverpool City Region LEPs)
• Northern Powerhouse in Health Research (led by Northern Health Science Alliance and includes LEPs, universities and teaching hospitals from across the Northern Powerhouse)
• The South Wales Crucible (led by Swansea University)
• Upstream Space (led by UKSA/Scottish Enterprise comprising Scotland; Leicester; Belfast and a corridor between Cambridge and Portsmouth)
• Precision Medicine Innovation in Scotland (led by the University of Glasgow)
• Applied Digital Technologies (led by North East LEP)
• Sustainable Airports (led by Brunel University, looking at Heathrow)
• The Knowledge Quarter, LondonThe announcement was made by Jo Johnson during his speech at the HEFCE conference 2017 held at the Royal College of Physicians, London.
Submitted on 12/10/2017