In a quality and peaceful landscaped environment and surrounded by ancient woodland, Kent Medical Campus is situated at Junction 7 of the M20, on the edge of Maidstone, the county town of Kent.
It is able to deliver flexible, exciting and immediate high-end property solutions to occupiers seeking expansion or relocation opportunities in the health, science and education sectors.
The Campus has secured outline planning permission for 98,000 sqm of A1, B1, C2 and D1 accommodation that includes hospital facilities, clinics, consultation rooms and a rehabilitation centre (classes C2/D1); education and training facilities with residential accommodation (class C2/D1); keyworker accommodation (class C3); pathology laboratories (class B1); business uses (class B1); ancillary retail services (class A1, A2, A3); and up to 116 bed class C2 neurorehabilitation accommodation with Enterprise Zone status. www.kentmedicalcampus.com/
The initial development already on site comprises:-
- KIMS Hospital which is Kent’s largest independent hospital with 99 beds, five integrated operating theatres and two endoscopy suites. It employs over 300 staff and works with more than 250 Consultants across a range of specialties.
- Cygnet Health Care Hospital, with an £18m investment & 65 bed mental health facility
- 75 bed Care UK Home which opened in summer 2020.
- New Schools – Department for Education have developed a new Primary School, Nursery and a Special Educational Needs and Disability school
- £11.4m Funding for Local Road Improvements from Maidstone BC & Kent County Council that will improve the traffic flows around junction 7, upgrading of Bearsted Road & New Cut Road roundabouts which prepares the combined site for future development & employment growth
- Maidstone Borough Council are on site developing a 37,000 sqft Innovation Centre to provide office space, facilities and support for small and medium-sized enterprises working in the life science, healthcare and med-tech sectors. Maidstone Innovation Centre is part funded by the European Union Regional Development Fund 2014 – 2020. For further information visit https://www.maidstoneinnovationcentre.co.uk/
- Planning application is being submitted for a Health & Wellbeing Village of circa 50,000 sqft of mixed medical use accommodation that will complement the Innovation Centre.
Wednesday 4th October 2023, 2 Noon – 5pm, Maidstone Innovation Centre Our healthcare is under pressure. Technological innovations are essential for this road to sustainable healthcare that is accessible to everyone. During these conversations, businesses will...
Kent’s latest high-specification business destination the Maidstone Innovation Centre (MIC), is now officially open for business. Cutting the ribbon to open the doors to new tenants today (Thursday 10 March), was the Mayor of Maidstone - Cllr Fay Gooch, who welcomed...
Maidstone Innovation Centre & NCL programme working to secure £21 million funding for life changing autoimmune treatment
The South-East Innovation Programme (SE-IP), an initiative led by NCL Technology Ventures for Maidstone Borough Council (MBC) is helping to secure £21million of funding to develop treatment that could change the lives of autoimmune disease sufferers. Part-funded by...
The Maidstone Innovation Centre (MIC) which features world-first technology, top of the range specification and enviable facilities is set to welcome management training provider, the Centre for Regional International Development (CRID) and digital agency, Tilt...
Interested in joining UKSPA?
Gain exclusive access to members only resources, research papers, statistics and data – as well as discounted or even free entry to the conferences and events we hold through the year.