Charnwood Borough Council, Leicestershire County Council, Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership
About Charnwood Campus
The Charnwood Campus is situated in the heart of the UK and offers world-class flexible laboratories, specialist manufacturing facilities and office space with a superb range of amenities and technical clinical resources.
The Campus is based on the site of a former research and development facility of international significance.
The Charnwood Campus offers 500,000 sq ft of high tech and high quality accommodation across a site of 70 acres with future expansion land.
The Campus is of significant importance to helping to diversify and reinforce the economy of Loughborough and the surrounding areas, capitalising on the existing knowledge based economy and worldwide reputation of a leading university and science offering.
The site is one of the UK’s largest existing facilities with immediately available accommodation and development land, set within a secure, attractive and landscaped environment.
The flexible accommodation provides occupiers with their own self- contained and secure environment within the Campus as well as access to the common shared facilities.
The buildings have the flexibility for bespoke redesign and can meet the requirements of a variety of sectors including:
- Health and medical
- Scientific R&D
- Medical devices
- Test laboratories
- Sterile or scientific manufacturing and distribution.
From start-ups to SMEs and multinationals, the campus suits both established enterprises and those looking to grow and develop.
Planned on site amenities include a gym, café, sports facilities and nursery.
The Charnwood Campus benefits from a resilient infrastructure designed to allow for continued operation 365 days a year. With planned contingency through stand-by generators, occupiers can be confident that a continuity of supply will be maintained.
Charnwood Campus is conveniently located in the heart of the UK on the outskirts of Loughborough in the Midlands. It benefits from excellent transport links:
- Minutes away from the M1
- 9 miles away from East Midlands Airport (Europe’s largest freight airport)
- Midland Mainline railway route to London and other major UK cities
- Ample on site car parking.
Loughborough is a vibrant university town, surrounded by rural villages and countryside. Loughborough is also only a short train journey away from the region’s major cities of Leicester, Nottingham and Derby.
The region is also home to leading universities in science and technology, large teaching hospitals and clinical research units as well as being a significant manufacturing base with a wealth of healthcare manufacturers and high technology engineering companies.
- Conveniently situated between the five NIHR Biomedical Research Units (situated in Leicester, Loughborough and Nottingham).
- Centrally located between the recently formed NIHR Diagnostic Evaluation Centres in Leeds, Newcastle, Oxford and London.
- Strong collaborations between the region’s hospitals and industry in the fields of diabetes, respiratory medicine, cardiology and genetics.
- The Campus is set to be home to a number of organisations in the fields of medical devices, pharmaceutical development and manufacturing who are actively seeking new collaborations with other commercial partners and the NHS.
- Links to the region’s leading academic institutions and universities.
- The region has a large, highly skilled workforce with experience in high technology process, diagnostics and therapeutics, with a number of international pharmaceutical and medical device companies located in the region.
FORMERLY BUILDING 25 (GIA 160,087 SQ FT)
Flexible facility over four floors suitable for large open plan or compartmentalised use. Gross 12,500m2.
- Ground floor suitable for a wide range of office or scientific purposes
- Flexible laboratories suitable for general purpose or biological work
- Separate office areas for 100+ across four floors at the front of the building
FORMERLY BUILDING 39 (GIA 63,504 SQ FT)
Modern Biology building with two developed floors and shell space on the third floor offering flexible development opportunities. Modern, resilient finishes with extensive glazed walls for visibility and safety.
FORMERLY BUILDING 80 (GIA 42,566 SQ FT)
Biosciences labs / offices with high throughput screening equipment and chemical storage unit. The facility provides large laboratory space with fixed and non-fixed standard laboratory equipment. The high throughput screening equipment and chemical storage facility provides facilities for companies looking for state of the art compound management systems and HTS capabilities.
Global contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO) Kindeva Drug Delivery has expanded its operations at Loughborough’s life sciences hub Charnwood Campus, in a deal expected to support Kindeva’s continued growth in the UK. The US-headquartered company...
3M Drug Delivery Systems Relocates U.K. R&D to New, State-Of-The-Art Facility Joins first Life Sciences Opportunity Zone in the United Kingdom Loughborough, United Kingdom – (April 1, 2019) – Environment plays a significant role in the way businesses ideate,...
Interested in joining UKSPA?
Gain exclusive access to members only resources, research papers, statistics and data – as well as discounted or even free entry to the conferences and events we hold through the year.