About Unit DX
Unit DX enables scientific entrepreneurs to solve global challenges. By bringing together specialist facilities with science-focused business support, we have been instrumental in creating a new scientific ecosystem in central Bristol.
Established in 2017, Unit DX is now home to over 25 businesses, with a focus on bio-design and quantum technologies. One of our first tenants was Ziylo, a University of Bristol spin-out developing a glucose-binding molecule with the potential to revolutionise treatments for diabetics. The company became an early success story for the incubator, after it was sold to global healthcare company Novo Nordisk in August 2018 in one of the largest exits on record for an academic spin-out.
We use a three pronged approach to developing the scientific start-up ecosystem in Bristol. We work with local schoolchildren to get them interested in science; we champion entrepreneurship at universities; and directly support and house early-stage science companies. These efforts were recognised when we were awarded the OBN’s ‘Best Sector Support Organisation’ in 2018.
We provide laboratory space, offices and instrumentation for scientific businesses at our facility in central Bristol.
- 10,000 sq ft of laboratory space
- Biosafety level 2 compliant laboratories
- 24 ducted fume cupboards
- Shared instrumentation available
- Large service void for flexible services
- 400 MHz NMR Spectrometer
Office and Meeting Space
Unit DX has over 5,000 sq ft of office and meeting room areas, as well as hot desk space, kitchens and reception services. The offices also have a high-speed internet connection from our 1GB lease line. The kitchen facilities also include free coffee from our bean-to-cup machines.
Laboratory users can also access to the hot desk area on a part time basis as part of their membership.
Join a community of entrepreneurs, academics and innovators with symbiotic expertise, who have been there and done it before. Our ever-growing network of investors have lead funding rounds for our members, and offer industry-specific experience and networks.
We offer workshops and access to free advice from our partners, across legal services, intellectual property, accounting and marketing.
- Unit DX is only a ten-minute walk from Bristol Temple Meads Station, and a short drive from Bristol Airport, so getting around couldn’t be easier. The area is currently seeing an influx of investment and regeneration (examples include £30m for new HMRC offices, £300m for new University campus, £150m for Assembly Bristol).
- City centre amenities easily accessible
- Five minutes’ walk from the new University of Bristol Temple Quarter Enterprise Campus
We offer virtual offices for small businesses looking to establish a Bristol business address and benefit from the facilities at Unit DX, without committing to a full-time office.
Virtual offices include:
- Business address registration
- Reception services and post collection
- One day of hot desk space each week
- Opportunities to attend seminars and events
- Profile on our website
- Access to meeting rooms and catering (additional fees apply)
The University of Bristol
On-site car parking, secure bike storage and showers.
For more information visit www.unitdx.com
St Philips Central
|Job title:||Head of Marketing|
|Tel:||0117 403 4035|
|Contact:||Dr Ashley Brewer|
|Job title:||Centre Director|
|Tel:||0117 403 4035|
View larger map »