MIRA Technology Park
MIRA Technology Park
Located at the heart of the UK’s automotive and aerospace sectors, MIRA Technology Park is a consented, master planned and purpose-designed development which offers a unique and compelling proposition to businesses engaged in research and development within the transport sector.
Set within a region steeped in engineering, automotive and aerospace tradition with a strong manufacturing heritage, MIRA Technology Park combines style with performance to provide 1.75 million sq ft (1
MIRA Technology Park is more than a place of business. It’s a world-class destination.62,500 sqm) of intelligent, flexible and sustainable development space on a 340 hectare estate, making it the largest transport technology park in Europe.
There aren’t many places in the world where global automotive and transport businesses can conduct all aspects of design, test and development at the centre of an international transport
Set amongst the beautiful Midlands countryside, in a region steeped in engineering, automotive and aerospace tradition and with a strong manufacturing heritage.
MIRA Technology Park is a comprehensive transport technology park which changes the way in which companies work.
- Government recognised and supported UK Centre of Excellence with Enterprise Zone status
- 1.75 million sq ft (162,500 sqm) of space spread across a 340 hectare estate – the largest transport technology park in Europe
- Professional property development team providing a full capability to design and deliver bespoke tenant facilities
- A range of flexible office, laboratory and workshop accommodation
- Extensive research and development collaboration opportunities with other companies within the cluster and across the wider region
- Unequalled R&D facilities and one of the most comprehensive proving ground in Europe including 35 state-of-the-art laboratories and 58 miles (93km) of proving ground facilities.
A unique combination.
MIRA Technology Park’s unique combination of test facilities and engineering resources enable you to undertake any number of design, simulation, development and certification processes to deliver world-class products.
- Concept Engineering & Benchmarking
- Packaging & Ergonomics
- Body & Chassis Engineering
- Systems Integration
- EV/HEV Vehicle Engineering
- Control & Electronics
- Embedded Systems
- Aerodynamics & Thermal Management
- Vehicle Dynamics Braking & NVH
- Durability & Reliability
- Electrical, Electronics & EMC
- Active, Passive & Functional Safety
- Intelligent Mobility, Connected Vehicles & Autonomous Systems
- Unmanned Ground Vehicles
- Certification & Homologation
- Future Transport Technologies
The best way to create the future is to predict it.
Built within an existing globally recognised and respected transport R&D facility, set within the UK’s engineering and transport heartland, MIRA Technology Park offers 1.75 million sq ft (162,500 sqm) of research and redevelopment space (offices, laboratories and workshops) – making it the largest transport technology park in Europe.
The evolution has started, and we want you to be a part of it.
Space to develop. Room to grow.
The MIRA Technology Park master plan defines a flexible platform to create bespoke research and development facilities with a mix of workshop, laboratory and office accommodation. Our dedicated design team will work with you to design your high specification building to your exacting size, configuration and appearance requirements, operational needs and corporate objectives.
- Innovative cost-effective solutions for overseas companies looking to establish European headquarters within a world-class automotive and transport cluster
- Stand-alone buildings are typically available from 10,000 sq ft (930 sqm) to 120,000 sq ft (11,150 sqm), with a range of fit-out options. These buildings are typically offered on an institutional lease basis and are deliverable within 12 to 18 months
- Within the Park’s master plan and overall architectural theme, there is flexibility for tenants to specify particular design requirements and create real brand identity
Alternatively, we offer rented office and workshop space in one of the existing buildings from 500 sq ft (45 sqm) to 5,000 sq ft (465 sqm), fully furnished and ready for you to move in. This can be offered on convenient short term lease agreements.
All the support you need. All in one place.
Whatever your project, MIRA can offer the most comprehensive range of facilities, services and assistance. Whether you’re testing or developing, hosting a seminar or launching a product, there’s little that can’t be achieved on the Technology Park.
A class act.
The Midlands has a long established seat of learning with a mix of globally respected academic institutions, training facilities and world-class research and development institutions. Many of the region’s 17 universities (including four of the elite Russell group) specialise in engineering and research and development and foster strong links and a culture of co-operation with local businesses. Together they offer a rich source of quality graduate and postgraduate engineers, scientists and business professionals and innovative collaborative research partners.
A wealth of talent.
Transportation engineering and manufacturing, and research and development flow through the veins of the region’s motivated and multi-skilled labour pool. At MIRA Technology Park you’ll be able to take full advantage of one of the UK’s most diverse and successful regional economies. The MIRA Technology Park team can also provide specialist recruitment support to help you find suitable candidates for your R&D operations.
Over many years MIRA has gained a reputation as a world-class independent engineering, testing and development facility. As a result we have become partner of choice for many of the world’s leading automotive, aerospace, rail and defence brands in the delivery of innovative engineering solutions across the transport sector.
All the right connections.
MIRA Technology Park is situated in the heart of England and benefits from a comprehensive network of road, rail and air links, with excellent access to all areas of the UK, mainland Europe and the rest of the world.
By road, the Park’s close proximity to the UK’s principal north-south arteries and major east-west routes, provides easy access to the wider motorway network and ensures convenient access to the rest of the UK.
National rail services at Nuneaton, Coventry, Leicester and Birmingham provide regular high-speed links to destinations throughout the UK (London can be reached in one hour) and mainland Europe. The region also benefits from two dedicated freight terminals with intermodal road and rail options serving national and European markets.
Birmingham International and East Midlands airports are both within easy reach and provide regular flights to hundreds of domestic, European and International destinations, with further capacity to be added to Birmingham later in the year. There are also a number of private airfields located in the region.
It’s all taken care of.
The Park is proactively managed through a range of in-house services and amenities. These services will complement the bespoke facilities developed for businesses on the Park and together with the implementation of a Green Travel Framework, MIRA Technology Park will create a sustainable environment for the modern business occupier.
- Enclosed highly secure site, manned and patrolled 24 hours, every day of the year
- Comprehensive maintenance of all common areas of the estate
- From Spring 2015, regular bus services will link the Park with local amenities
- A wide range of fully serviced facilities for conferences, meetings, corporate events and product launches
- Extensive landscaped grounds and parkland
- Many amenities and services to support your operation including on-site catering
Good for people, good for business.
MIRA Technology Park is more than just a business park – it’s a community. Designed with the needs of people and business in mind, MIRA Technology Park will provide a stimulating fertile campus – one which engenders a positive and productive working environment. From its central location and exceptional links, to its visionary bespoke architecture, exclusive facilities and stunning natural surroundings, a place where the imagination will be inspired and business can flourish.
Think R&D. Think UK.
For over a century the UK has had a strong, established and vibrant transportation engineering and manufacturing sector, which now generates an annual turnover in excess of £50 billion. Research and development is an essential factor in the UK’s importance as a strategic European location for overseas companies. From UK shores, business has immediate access to EU engineering experience and expertise and a springboard to the wider European market for their products – at 27 member states, the world’s largest single market with a population of 500 million.
Here are just some of the reasons why so many businesses choose to base their European operations in the UK.
- The UK’s investor-friendly regulatory environment positively encourages investment and attracts more overseas development than anywhere else in Europe, offering incentives such as the lowest rates of corporate taxation in the G7, flexible labour laws, funding for growth (RGF scheme), R&D incentives (Tax Credits and Patent Box) and the creation of Enterprise Zones
- Businesses establishing a legal entity in a UK Enterprise Zone such as MIRA Technology Park can claim up to 100% Business Rates relief (worth up to £275,000) over a 5-year period
- They are eligible to bid for research funding from the European Commission, the European Regional Development Fund, the Technology Strategy Board and a number of other funding programmes
- Car production in the UK grows by around 6% year on year (predicted to reach record levels by 2017)
- There are more than 40 vehicle manufacturers based in the UK including seven volume car manufacturers, seven commercial vehicle manufacturers, 10 bus and coach manufacturers, eight premium car brands and eight of the 11 F1 teams
- The UK industry manufactures 1.6 million cars and commercial vehicles every year, as well as 2.5 million engines. 81% of which is exported (50% outside of the EU)
- The UK is the world’s fourth largest automotive manufacturer (forecast to be the third largest by 2015) and second largest exporter of construction, agriculture and other specialist vehicles
- The UK has a burgeoning supply chain worth in excess of £8.6 billion, with an additional £3 billion of opportunities
- The UK automotive sector employs 720,000 people in over 2,500 companies, is home to the EU’s most productive vehicle manufacturer and alongside Germany has the most productive workforce within the EU
- World-class universities attracting a global students base creating a strong skills pipeline
MIRA has long been home to some of the world’s most successful and innovative companies. During the past decade MIRA has played host to many of the world’s automotive and transport pioneers.
Join us. You’ll be in good company...
MIRA Technology Park
|Job title:||Commercial Director|
|Tel:||+44 (0)2476 35 5220|
View larger map »