UKSPA - Many reasons to join
UKSPA - Many reasons to join
There has never been a better time to join UKSPA - The UK’s only national association for science parks, innovation centres, technology Incubators, and other innovation locations.
The Association’s work is also enhanced by our business affiliate members who support, grow and deliver advice to UKSPA member locations, as well as adding value to the UKSPA network by providing products and services, as well as delivering facilities, buildings and infrastructure to the Innovation sector
The science and innovation sector is a dynamic and growing eco-system so crucial to the future prosperity of UK plc. UKSPA is at the very heart of this with an extensive range of services and support to encourage continued growth. Member locations sustain and grow over 5000 innovative, knowledge intensive companies employing well over 90,000 people.
UKSPA’s programme of services adapts to the needs and demands of our members, and includes a vibrant events programme, special interests groups, best practice, research, full promotion support, advocacy and access to comprehensive resources.
Our mission is to promote, support, encourage and champion the UK’s science, technology and innovation community, and as you will see from the membership brochure UKSPA delivers significant value to a broad range of members.
Joining UKSPA will provide you with clear demonstrable value, contact us today on 01799 532050 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how.
A summary of just some of the services you can benefit from as an UKSPA member:
Being part of the UKSPA knowledge and information network
- Make links with individual UKSPA members through our email and online networks
- Keep up-to-date by contacting the network with your questions
- Ask for advice and share ideas and good practice with other members
- Have access to a range of member only added value services on the UKSPA website – including conference reports, survey information and directories
Promoting your location and work
- Your illustrated, comprehensive park profile with your contact details will be featured on the UKSPA website – which receives over 67,000 page impressions per month
- Membership provides your occupiers/tenant companies with the opportunity to promote their news on the UKSPA website
- Enter the UKSPA award schemes that recognise achievement and best practice
- Send your press releases for promotion on the news section of the UKSPA website
- Submit articles and news content to ‘Breakthrough’ the UKSPA periodical which has a circulation of over 4,800 copies
Members meetings, events and networking
- Free places at three Members’ Meetings each year which include plenary sessions, workshops and social events
- Opportunities to share good practice and learn about latest developments from around the world
- Networking opportunities
- Significant discounts for national UKSPA events
- Receive copies of UKSPA publications at heavily discounted prices. These range from the definitive ‘Planning, Development and Operation of Science Parks’ to assessments of the economic future of the sector and operational advice and good practice.
- Copies of UKSPA’s authoritative quarterly journal – Breakthrough – which provides news and features from leading figures in the Sector. These range from stories on current initiatives and best practice through to special features from science parks, tenant companies and the wider science community.
Access to benchmarking information
- Benchmarking data park-to-park and region-to-region
- Reports and presentations for science park strategic planning meetings
- Participate in the UKSPA Annual Salary Survey
Innovation and Laboratory Space
- Promote available innovation space on the website
- A key resource enabling lab users and providers of laboratory facilities to make contact with each other
- The marketplace for available laboratory or office space, whether to rent or buy
Professional knowledge and skills development
- Develop your knowledge and specialist skill at UKSPA Members’ Meetings and workshops - All events are CPD accredited.
- Members receive first consideration for speaking and sponsorship opportunities, invitations to join awards judging panel as well as advance/priority booking notice for activities
- Opportunities to work on international projects.