CEME Innovation Centre
CEME Innovation Centre
CEME Innovation Centre provides the ideal workspace for start-up and growing companies within the manufacturing, engineering, creative, and technology sectors. CEME Innovation Centre is managed by Oxford Innovation on behalf of CEME Ltd. Companies based in the centre benefit from being located at the Centre for Engineering and Manufacturing Excellence (CEME), a catalyst at the heart of the technology revolution in the Thames Gateway area.
The centre differs from a standard business centre by offering support that proactively encourages the development of start-ups, entrepreneurial and high-growth companies.
Supportive office environment CEME Innovation Centre provides a professional base to work from, allowing businesses to grow within an environment where they will have access to the skills, knowledge and experience of similar individuals and companies, creating business opportunities and collaboration.
The modern building provides high specification, professional serviced office, workshop and studio space to over 50 early-stage technology businesses. The centre comprises 18,000 sq ft of premium business accommodation, ranging from 133 sq ft to 945 sq ft of space. With all IT and telephony infrastructure already in place and no installation costs or IT setup fees, all spaces are ready to occupy, with transparent monthly billing and full facilities management.
The centre is the ideal environment for start-up and early-stage companies. The costs are tightly controlled, there are no long-term contracts, and the day-to-day running of the offices is in safe hands, leaving companies to concentrate on growing their business.
Companies at CEME Innovation Centre
Companies can benefit from the following:
• On-campus staff services and facilities management
• Licence agreement with as little as one month’s notice period.
• Front-of-house service to greet visitors, helping provide a professional image
• On-site conference and meeting facilities available to hire at a daily and hourly rate
• Technical Support Package provides access to a wide range of technical equipment and support
Licence fee charges for the office space include, but are not limited to, all of the following:
• Service charges
• Business rates
• Heating, water and electricity
• Site management
• Buildings insurance and maintenance
• High quality business support
• Use of communal areas including lakeside decking
CEME Innovation Centre offers virtual office packages designed to provide you with a professional image for your business, without incurring the cost of renting office space. Ideal for start-up companies, those on the road or working from home.
Meeting and conference facilities
Through CEME Conference Centre, CEME Innovation Centre has a range of superb conference and meeting rooms available to hire by the hour or the day by internal or external companies. The Conference Centre is a modern events and meetings venue located within the CEME Campus. The 19 contemporary meeting rooms, 120-seat auditorium and attractive outdoor space offers affordable, quality event solutions.
The on-site Innovation Director provides support and advice for businesses to achieve their objectives, helping with vision, strategy and effective implementation. This is not a chargeable extra service but a core feature of a true Innovation Centre. As part of the supportive environment within the centre, networking amongst customers is encouraged. Regular business networking events are held at the centre. For more information, visit the website www.pioneer10-ceme.co.uk.
CEME (Centre for Engineering and Manufacturing Excellence) is a world class business support, education, and training campus. Part of the London Thames Gateway Regeneration Scheme, CEME was established to create jobs and businesses that are revitalising London’s industrial heartland. CEME brings together a range of public and private sector partners to deliver education and skills for students at local schools and colleges.
CEME Innovation Centre is managed by Oxford Innovation, the UK’s leading Business and Innovation Centre operator. Part of the SQW Group, Oxford Innovation provide flexible office, laboratory, workshop and studio space to over 900 start-up and growing companies throughout a UK-wide network of Business and Innovation Centres. For a full listing of Oxford Innovation’s centres, please visit the website at www.oxin-centres.co.uk.
How to find us
CEME Innovation Centre is conveniently positioned on the A13 close to the M25, providing easy access to the City, Central London, London City Airport, the South East and East of England.
CEME Innovation Centre
Essex RM13 8EU
|Job title:||Assistant Centre Manager|
|Tel:||020 8596 5422|
View larger map »
West Wing - CEME Innovation Centre
The West Wing comprises a self-contained two story office suite benefitting form both BI and DI consent. It is therefore suitable for both office use and education and training.
The property provides a number of indvidual air conditioned offices and meeting rooms over both ground and first floor, in addition to a large open plan area.
Incubation Director / Resident Entrepreneur
CEME Launchpad Centre, Havering Greater London
CEME is seeking a part-time (0.6 FTE / 3 days per week) Incubation Director / Resident Entrepreneur with a strong business support record, entrepreneurial background and preferably experience in the manufacturing, engineering and technology (MET) sector. A proven ability to support clients in the field of innovation management is also important.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the development of our CEME Launchpad Centre – a newly refurbished building on the CEME campus with accommodation for approximately 30-40 occupiers, focused on supporting the growth of early stage technology businesses across The Thames Gateway and London.
About the Company:
The Centre for Engineering and Manufacturing Excellence (CEME) is a world-class research, skills, education, innovation and business campus in East London. Our purpose is to provide an inspirational environment for learning and business growth.
The CEME Campus is situated on the A13 in Rainham, close to both Canary Wharf and the M25. Part of a £400m regeneration programme in East London, CEME was established in 2003 to provide skills, create jobs and businesses that are revitalising London’s industrial heartland. CEME is a UK registered charity and part of the London Thames Gateway Regeneration Scheme working in collaboration with public and private sector partners.
Reporting to: Commercial Director
- Build a strong innovation eco-system in the CEME Launchpad Centre, the London Riverside Opportunity Area (Havering, Barking and Dagenham), the Thames Gateway and London itself. Develop and actively engage with a strong network of contacts within the science, technology and innovation sectors locally, regionally and nationally and create opportunities to promote and develop the CEME Launchpad via this network.
- Provision of accessible business support to clients, signposting to external provision as appropriate
- Work with the centre team to ensure it exceeds revenue, economic development and other targets and regeneration KPIs
- Working with partners, ensure that a programme of relevant MET sector events is held at the centre
- Proactively promote and market CEME
- Demonstrate that businesses are more successful as a result of the package of support from CEME Launchpad Centre
- Build a strong alumni network for companies that have successfully graduated or moved-on from the centre
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Building upon existing capability, expertise and contacts take strategic leadership of business support for CEME Launchpad Centre
Build and leverage networks in key strategic sectors and markets to attract more appropriate businesses to CEME Launchpad Centre and the London Riverside Opportunity Area
Support MET sector entrepreneurs who are not tenants of The Launchpad Centre but have the potential for growth through an accelerator competition, which will include on line training, workshops and start-up coaching that will focus on the development of the business model, market and customer testing and building a robust business plan and financial route map for the new business idea.
- Contributing to the CEME Launchpad Centre marketing activities
- Lead on the delivery of activities and seminars that appeal most to our Launchpad Centre customers and other businesses in the London Riverside Opportunity Area (LROA).
- Support the Commercial Director in attracting new businesses to CEME Launchpad Centre and the London Riverside Opportunity Area
Project / Account management
- Measure, monitor and deliver outputs versus previously agreed milestones to keep the CEME Launchpad Project on track.
- Capture progress of businesses and report developments and achievements to the Project Board.
- Compiling monthly and quarterly monitoring and management reports for CEME, Havering Council and Greater London Authority (GLA), attending review meetings with the CEME Commercial Director as required
- Writing professional, high quality reports
- Dealing with client and centre issues confidentially with an awareness of political sensitivities
- Managing interfaces with other teams within CEME, London Borough og Havering Council and GLA
- Active and enthusiastic contribution to the development of CEME’s Launchpad Centre value proposition
- Strong track record in delivering business support
- Entrepreneurial background
Experience in the manufacturing, engineering and technology sector, or experience in providing business support to these sector
SFEDI accreditation (preferable but not essential)
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to the following address:
Tom Ashby, Commercial Director
CEME Marsh Way Rainham Essex RM13 8EU