Sci-Tech Daresbury has appointed eight industry experts to provide support and business advice to the increasing number of businesses based at the Liverpool City Region campus.
Grant Thornton, IBM, Marks & Clerk, Michael Page, RTC North, Slater Heelis and University of Liverpool are joined by new member Konsileo to sit as Sci-Tech Daresbury’s eight Gold Partners for 2019/2020.
The Gold Partners are a cohort of handpicked organisations which offer first-class support for Sci-Tech Daresbury businesses in a range of areas, including intellectual property, financial and tax management, corporate finance & funding, insurance and risk management, legal services, recruitment and retention services, scientific research, technology commercialization and cloud solutions.
Seven of the eight Gold Partners are continuing their partnership with Sci-Tech Daresbury, including leading research and academic institution University of Liverpool and cognitive solutions and cloud platform company, IBM.
Joining the partnership for the next 12 months is Konsileo, an FCA authorised firm of insurance brokers. Boasting a combined experience of more than 50 years in their Northern team, Konsileo has specialist market knowledge and connections to help SMEs obtain the right protection to meet their specific needs. These include intellectual property rights defence, cyber exposures, clinical trials and business interruption protection.
The Gold Partners provide access to specialist skills and knowledge through a series of events, roundtable seminars and one-to-one advice to more than 140 businesses based at the science and innovation campus.
John Downes, group chief executive of Langtree and chairman of the Sci-Tech Daresbury joint venture company, said: “We’re very pleased to name Sci-Tech Daresbury’s eight Gold Partners for the coming year, each of whom bring unique and innovative skills, business and advice to the partnership.
“Many of this year’s Gold Partners are long-term supporters of the programme and we’re pleased to welcome commercial insurance expert Konsileo to the partnership for the first time, which will help to diversify and strengthen the service we provide for the growing number of SMEs based at the campus.”
The Gold Partner programme is one of the many benefits on offer to science and technology businesses that start up or relocate to Sci-Tech Daresbury, along with access to a wide range of opportunities and expertise, including access to markets, key customers or partners, funding and investment, key skills and technical facilities.
The science campus also has Enterprise Zone status, which allows business rates to be reinvested in the site to provide important new support infrastructure and specialist office, laboratory and technical space.
Sci-Tech Daresbury is a private-public joint venture partnership between developer Langtree, the Science & Technology Facilities Council (STFC) and Halton Borough Council.
Each partner will offer specialist expertise:
- Grant Thornton’s dedicated technology and innovation practice has an enviable track record of working with successful and dynamic companies, at all stages of their business life cycle, and will advise SMEs on site to help them realise their ambitions for growth through areas including audit and tax advice, financial planning and commercialisation of intellectual property.
- Through the IBM Research team, IBM can provide businesses based on the Sci-Tech Daresbury campus with advice on the latest emerging technologies such as AI and their applicability in a range of commercial areas. Through the wider IBM community in the UK we can provide guidance on our solutions, services and other offerings that are available to small and medium-sized enterprises and how those organisations can access these either directly or via Business Partners in order to assist them in achieving their business goals
- Marks & Clerk, patent and trade mark attorneys, will provide companies with intellectual property advice: identifying, protecting and defending their innovations and brands both in the UK and globally.
- Michael Page is part of PageGroup and will provide advice on talent attraction and retention. Established in the UK in 1976, PageGroup has grown to become one of the world’s best-known and most respected recruitment consultancies. With 100 colleagues based in the North West and operations in 36 countries, PageGroup will support the Sci-Tech Daresbury community on a local, regional and global level via our four key brands: Page Executive, Michael Page, Page Personnel and Page Outsourcing.
- RTC North specialise in the commercialisation of new products and services. RTC North works with individuals, businesses and the public sector to help create more innovative and vibrant economies. Core services are in innovation, raising skills and business growth.
- Slater Heelis LLP provides legal services focusing on corporate structures and incorporation, corporate governance and directors’ duties, mergers, acquisitions, IPOs and capital markets, development capital, venture capital and angel investment, joint ventures, commercial contracts, intellectual property licensing and transfer, real estate transactions, employment law, dispute resolution and estate planning
- The University of Liverpool is one of the UK’s leading research institutions with an annual turnover of £521.8 million, including £94.5 million for research. Liverpool is ranked in the top 1% of higher education institutions worldwide and is a member of the Russell Group and the N8 Research Partnership.
- Konsileo will provide expertise in supplying bespoke insurance solutions for the complex risks faced by Sci-Tech Daresbury businesses in the Healthcare, Life Science and Technology sectors. With over 50 years of combined experience in their Northern team, they have the market knowledge and connections to help providing the right protection to meet business needs – such as for intellectual property rights defence, cyber exposures, clinical trials, or business interruption protection.