The UK Innovation Summit
Wednesday, November 29th, 2017
Cavendish Conference Centre, London
UKSPA is supporting this event and a 20% discount is available for UKSPA members and their tenant companies.
The UK Innovation Summit has been developed in cooperation the CBI, the Productivity Leadership Group and McKinsey, in order to provide companies with a practical, actionable guide to improving their productivity through innovation, and will take place on 29th November, in London.
This is a highly practical summit that looks both at the Productivity Leadership Group’s initiatives and the broader issues involved in innovation and productivity – the Government’s own strategy; digital innovation as a driver of innovation; improving investment in R&D and commercialisation; the importance of becoming an export-led business and re-orienting trading strategies to the world outside Europe; and education, skills development and talent retention in a more complex national and international context.
Through a selection of case studies and highly interactive panel discussions, the programme will examine in detail on:
• Innovation diffusion: digital innovation as a driver; improving the impact of the UK’s investment in R&D, infrastructure and commercialisation; and the importance of becoming an export-led business and re-orienting trading strategies to the world outside Europe
• Workplace practices: productivity through people and the impact of effective leadership programmes; how incremental change can generate huge improvements in productivity; and education, skills development and talent retention
• Measuring and benchmarking: end-to-end benchmarking, from corporate level metrics to front-line operations; and how to use benchmarking itself to improve productivity
• Carolyn Fairbairn, Director General, CBI
• Tera Allas, Senior Fellow, McKinsey Center for Government
• Prof. Val Braybrooks, Dean for the National Centre for Food Manufacturing, University of Lincoln
• Mike Cherry, National Chairman, The Federation of Small Businesses
• Tony Danker, Chief Executive, Productivity Leadership Group
• Paul Harris, Director of Economic Development, Rolls-Royce
• Prof. Jonathan Haskel, Professor of Economics, Imperial College
• Lee Hopley, Chief Economist, EEF
• Vivian Hunt, Managing Partner, UK & Ireland, McKinsey & Company
• Sir Charlie Mayfield, Chairman, John Lewis Partnership, Chair of the Productivity Leadership Group
• Dr Ruth McKernan CBE, Chief Executive, Innovate UK
• Alison Mitchell, Executive Director, Sensor City
• Ben Morgan, Head of the Integrated Manufacturing Group, Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre
• Sir John Peace, Chairman of the Board, Midlands Engine
• Allie Renison, Head of Europe and Trade Policy, The Institute of Directors
• Phil Smith, Chairman, UK & Ireland, Cisco
• Prof. Nick Wright, Pro-Vice Chancellor (Innovation and Business), Newcastle University
Who should attend?
Senior management of all UK companies and firms, from across all sectors and including both manufacturers and service providers.
The event will also be of interest to the advisory community, including lawyers, accountants and consultants, management consultants, government officials and members of the academic world.
Delegate Fee: £599 + VAT. Discounted fee with code: £479.20 + VAT
Public sector: £299 + VAT. Discounted fee with code: £239.20 + VAT
Small company: £199 + VAT*. Discounted fee with code: £159.20 + VAT
*applies to companies with less than 50 employees
Use code INN1UKSPA at the submit payment stage if booking online or email firstname.lastname@example.org telephone (0) 1932 340115 quoting the code in either instance.
(Includes event programme, speaker list, registration fees etc)