If you are just moving into business development management or looking to expand your role from working case-by-case to a more strategic model, this course will help you. It is ideal for those working in higher education and public sector research organisations with responsibility for brokering/managing strategic relationships between organisations to develop commercial opportunities and research interactions.
This course will enable delegates to be more effective in their business development management role and understand how to develop broad and long term relationships – for collaborative research, KT, graduate employment and other interactions.
Trainers on this course use innovative, interactive techniques to immerse delegates in a valuable and enjoyable learning experience. On completing the course, delegates will be able to:
• Understand the different forms of strategic alliance
• Map the types of partnership most likely to suit their own organisation and the most appropriate governance/management arrangements
• Convert existing relationships into more strategic alliances
• Develop an internal business case to win senior management support
• Understand the risks and identify the main issues that can derail a developing partnership
• Understand what feeds a strategic alliance to make it sustainable
• Instigate appropriate activities to support or lead the development of a strategic partnership.
Delegates will also have the opportunity to hear from (and speak directly with) academic, industrial and business development practitioners from some exemplary alliances. Networking time is included.
PraxisUnico develops the skills of knowledge exchange and commercialisation professionals with our world-leading training. PraxisUnico has been working to develop, promote and connect best practice in KEC for over 10 years.
Today, our international business takes skills and best practice to more than 40 countries around the world. We work with world-class individuals and organisations, bringing together the best people in KEC to enable knowledge sharing globally.