Marketing and Community Manager
Reporting to Head of Incubation
Imperial Innovations provide the management functions to Imperial College London’s Incubation services at both the South Kensington and White City Incubators. The Incubator team is spread over both sites under the Head of Incubation and forms part of the CO-Create team within the Tech Transfer office. Co-Create work with Imperial staff and students to build strong commercial propositions around scientific research and then work with them to set up the company, build the team and grow the company.
The South Kensington Incubator is already home to a community of Science and Tech businesses that look to interact with both each other, potential investors and other influential organisations.
The White City Incubator in the research and translation hub is due to open in July 2016. In preparation for this we require a Marketing and Community manager to spearhead its marketing of this space to prospective tenants, community members and stake holders and assist the Incubator team in building a vibrant entrepreneurial community.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Contribute to developing the marketing plan for all incubation services paying special attention to the new building and prospective tenants. Spearhead initiatives to recruit new tenants to the Incubator programme especially at Imperial White City.
- Proactive coordination and active management of internal and external communications, including the website, search engine marketing and search engine optimisation programmes
- Owning and managing a rolling communications programme addressing all audiences including drafting, editing and proofing of press releases
- Create various marketing materials to be used to promote the Incubator community program.
- Manage community networking, social and knowledge events, planning each in advance while monitoring attendance and feedback by customers.
- Contribute, own and manage the Incubator social media streams.
- Design and seek contributions to the monthly incubator external and internal community newsletters
- The successful candidate will be of degree level with three to five years’ experience of working within the professional services industry and / or in the marketing environment. Either in-house or agency. Likely to have knowledge of the Incubator and science park industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills ( verbal and written) with experience in customer facing roles
- Excellent organisational skills ability to prioritise, to multi task and manage time effectively to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail, high levels of accuracy and good proof-reading essential
- Ability to work effectively in pressured situations
- Proactive, ability to work with little supervision
- Knowledge of social media and on line mediums
- Proficient in Microsoft (Wword, PowerPoint, excel and outlook) HTML and online tools,
All enquiries and CVs to be sent to email@example.com