The Ministry of Defence has launched a series of funding competitions through the Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) seeking SME support to address technological challenges. Businesses may be awarded up to £1 million to develop innovative products or services that present a solution in one of seven problem areas:
- Non-Destructive Evaluation – inspection methods that permit the examination of materials, structures and components (such as armour, fuel, ammunition) without causing any damage that render them unfit for use.
- Open Source Big Data Insight – prototype solutions to provide an unstructured and open-source data analytics platform for defence.
- Understand and Interact with Cyberspace – methods to predict and understand events in cyberspace and their impact in the real world, such as user interfaces, complimentary cognitive processes, and augmented reality.
- Persistent Surveillance from the Air – innovative sensor and communications technologies to enable a step change in persistent aerial surveillance capability.
- Agile, Immersive Mission Training – techniques and solutions aimed at providing more cost-effective and timely, simulation-based, military training capabilities, involving sensory immersion or in-action performance review.
- What’s Inside That Building? – novel techniques to remotely provide information about the layout and situation inside a building.
- Fuels and Lubricants – innovative approaches to fuel and lubrication use that will reduce energy usage and improve mechanical operation and maintenance.
These competitions have deadlines throughout August and September of 2015 for Phase 1 feasibility research projects. Applicants developing a solution in one of the above categories must register to apply well in advance of project start. RDP’s team of experienced funding specialists can help you navigate the application process and develop your proposal.
If you would like to learn more about your eligibility for government funding, please contact Jon Ion at (0)203 435 6853 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org