The Conference, Awards, Dinner, Study Tours and Exhibition will deliver an opportunity to take stock of the changes that are taking place in the sector, share good practice and also allow us to consider the future just a few days after the scheduled date for Brexit.
The Conference Programme
The full programme will be available shortly.
We are pleased that Science Minister Chris Skidmore will be giving a keynote speach and he will be joined by leading figures such as Sarah Main, Executive Director of the Campaign for Science and Engineering and many others for the two Keynote Sessions.
There will also be a huge choice of other sessions and the conference streams will look at some of the key challenges and opportunities for UKSPA members and other stakeholders:
• City led Innovation: delivering new research on the growth of Innovation districts and partnerships with towns and rural areas
• Clusters - rural and urban - and their developing partnerships with other Innovation providers
• Company growth from start-up to scale-up
• International experience - a new era for UK innovation locations and collaborative relationships with Europe and beyond.
• What can we learn? Sharing fresh thinking on successful projects and locations showcased by those shortlisted in the 2019 UKSPA Awards
• Innovation Places and Shared Spaces - current trends, policies and impact
• Sector Challenges - future opportunities for the innovation sector
Other sessions will look at
• Life Science and labs facilities that foster cross-disciplinary and academia/industry communication, collaboration and innovation in university, science park and commercial/public sector research environments.
• Efficient and effective operation of laboratories and related innovation/research spaces to support creativity, productivity, resource efficiency, skills and workflows.
Conference Delegate Rates
Through sponsorship and partnership as well as exhibitor support we have been able to keep the UKSPA member conference delegate rate at an early bird price as follows:
£90 (plus £18 VAT) for both 2 and 3 April 2019 (excludes dinner)
£45 (plus £9 VAT) for either single day (excludes dinner)
Conference dinner tickets on the Tuesday evening can be booked seperately and are priced at £50 (plus VAT) and based on previous experience, we do anticipate the dinner reaching capacity prior to the event.
If you book as soon as possible you will also get priority booking at the new Campus Hotel which is within walking distance of the conference centre. A limited number of rooms are available to delegates for this newly opened hotel on campus. A variety of hotel options are also available in Birmingham with great transport links (including a direct rail line to the University’s station which takes just a few minutes to Birmingham New Street).
How to Register
To register for the Conference please visit our eventbrite site here
To register for the Conference Dinner please visit our eventbrite site here
There is also a pre-conference day at MIRA Technology Park on Monday 1 April which is free of charge to UKSPA Members and just £50 (plus VAT) to Non Members. More details here.
How to book hotel accomodation
A limited number of bedrooms are available on both Monday 1 April and Tuesday 2 April 2019 for Conference Delegates on Hotels on the University Campus.
These hotels are within walking distance of the Bramall Hall (location for Conference Sessions) as well as Staff House (Location of the Tuesday Evening Reception and Dinner)
These can be reserved by phoning the hotel quoting the Booking Code and full details are here.
City Centre Hotels
Our Sponsors and Supporters
This event is only made possible by the enthusiastic and generous support of our sponsors and exhibitors. More details will be added to the website shortly.